14 December 2008



december 13

It snowed today! The first of the winter in Walla Walla. I had a fun day, catching up with old friends, sitting in Clarette's for hours, long after the meal had been served, food eaten, and the waitress had given us our check. Wondering why in the world I don't get to spend more time with these people that I care about so much. Pumpkin pancakes are the best.

It's interesting to look through old journals and take note of both your progression and regression in life and spirituality. Here's an old poem I found:

I sit and wait--- shaking, seething
solicitous as the moon rises
in the atramentous sky
wishing, longing, yearning

smoke dances upwards
wafts and disappears
vanishes into the darkness
as the wind blows out my roman candle

and there i sit
in caliginosity
in the stillness of the night
i am alone, for once, with my thoughts
oh so alone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun day! Until it was impossible for me to get you to the airport and then you couldn't even fly out! Snow is so controversial for my mind. Do i love it? Do I hate it? Either way... good times!

ARCHIVES

About Me

My photo
My name is Trina. I put hot sauce on everything.

Followers