13 September 2010

lately

I just read in ReadyMade Mag that, contrary to popular belief, the magazine industry is flourishing. Even with youth’s current fascination with technological social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube (and the Newspaper industry tanking), magazine readership and subscription sales have actually increased. Young people make their own Youtube videos, upkeep their Facebook page at constant, and subscribe to their own favorite magazines via web.

I love the fast-paced culture of entertainment, media, and magazines, therefore I’ve been planning my senior project: a prototype culture magazine about creative living in the Pacific Northwest. Been trying to think of a good name! Any suggestions?

Our latest idea is: Flannel —- like a down-to-earth/Seattle grunge/farmer version of Nylon?

I’d love for any and all of you guys to contribute, if you’re willing and/or interested. I want the stories to be relevant, whimsical, funny, practical, and smart. You don’t even have to write a story or provide any artwork, but just, as a consumer of creative culture, pitch me a story idea, and i’ll make it happen!

Like
+ buying local
+ tips on easy vegan living
+ ugly art collecting (the horribly wonderful)
+ oregon coast surf spots
+ the best social and cultural documentaries
+ the weekend guide : a saturday well-spent in Portland or Seattle
+ pros and cons of derelict couture
+ the best of northwest street food
+ biking portland
+ DIY ideas
+ NW local artists
+ or anything else you got!

5 comments:

sHaRi said...

Oooo I like this idea Trina! That will be fun.

Unknown said...

i like the idea but check out flannel.org. i'm not sure if the name would be available in that format. you'd have to do some research.

Trina Yeo said...

Dangit! They sell Nooma videos?!

Well . . . I knew it was too cool of a name to be available! ;)

oh well ... more brainstorming!

Carley Brown said...

oo I'll think about this and get back to ya. What a cool idea.

Your always so freakin cool Trina Yeo!

TaraB said...

Trina! Did you ever do this?? I want to see it if you did!

ARCHIVES

About Me

My photo
My name is Trina. I put hot sauce on everything.

Followers