01 December 2008


(part of a series of ads i did for a friend's marketing project)



Radiohead "Videotape"

december 1

emptiness is a conductor
I used to think so, but now I'm not so sure. I am my community. I am my environment. I am drowning. When I went home, I saw someone walking down the street with an "apathy kills" t-shirt, but I was more excited by the hispanic rocker with the cleopatra haircut, and the guy with the tattoo of an octopus on his face. I've grown sort of tired of making a statement. Instead I smile silently and feel inspired enough by meaningless aesthetics. I've grown very complacent. Yes, grown. I've grown it, cultivated, this is the beast I have chosen to feed. I told a friend that I felt I had started to live content everyday with my unanswered questions, just believing in doing "good things", and she snapped. "I keep hearing this," she said, "not just from you, but from everybody." It's this excuse, these 'good things', this lack of searching, these ambiguous fluffy statements to hide behind. And then it's one of those sickening epiphanies, the ones that make your insides resonate with guilt, or in this case, discomfort, curiosity, tension, movement, because we have so many things, so many opportunities, and so much of our lives are wasted.

No comments:

ARCHIVES

About Me

My photo
My name is Trina. I put hot sauce on everything.

Followers